Foods play a major role in guarding and fighting against disease producing antigens by production of natural antibodies.
Certain foods helps to increase the body’s production of infection fighting WBC’s and interferon, an antibody that coats cell surfaces and blocking out viruses .
- Vegetables with Phytonutrients: Green leafy vegetables, Carrots.
- Fruits with Vitamin C: Berries- Strawberry, Gooseberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Melons, Pomegranate.
- Foods with Essential Fatty Acids(EFA):Pulses, Whole grains.
- Foods with Omega 3 fatty acids: Nuts, Fish.
- Foods with Vitamin D: Milk and milk products.
- Foods with probiotics: Yoghurt.
Other factors which boost immunity includes:
- Following general hygienic measures such as Washing hands before and after a meal, while handling pets, after using toilets, after playing.
- Regular exercise.
- Ample Sleep.